zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADan View Post
Thank you, Zobraks!
You're welcome, you (all) deserved it.

Quote:
It's very much appreciated, especially coming from someone who is so obviously crazy about AGs (or quite probably just plain crazy)
That's me all right! Name:  wacko.gif
Views: 243
Size:  904 Bytes

Quote:
and has a great sense of humor.
Try to convince Fien of that! Hey, Fien, did you hear this? Name:  smart_ass.gif
Views: 251
Size:  441 Bytes

Quote:
I liken it to the challenge a translation/localization of Monty Python's Flying Circus would pose. (I'm not talking about subtitles which I consider to be a completely different thing). TV station Sat 1 tried a German dubbed version in 1998 but it just didn't work due to the inherently British character of most of the jokes and personnel. (How do you translate and dub a Scottish person for example? As a Bavarian? Doesn't really work).
In 1971 the Pythons produced a couple of shows called Monty Python's Fliegender Zirkus (mostly original material with only a few hints of their BBC work) in German and (at least in the first show, I'm not sure for the other(s)) they spoke German themselves!
Speaking of MPFC, I started playing adventure games thanks to it: I was always a HUGE fan, and my whole adventure gamer career began when I heard there was a Python game called Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time.

Quote:
So I was absolutely aware that we were taking a risk in attempting an interpretation of the original humor in English (or more appropriately American English) but I really hope that we've come up with a convincing result that works for everyone - well, for those who appreciate this kind of humor anyway.
As I already said - you hit the mark!
Thank you one more time.

Cheers!