View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #373
Len Green

I finished the game - but not without many considerable difficulties. +
I'm afraid that overall I go along with the detailed Review here on AG.
I support many of the criticisms in that Review, although not all, but I have several others of my own. There were far too many technical, gameplay, and interface hitches and drawbacks… even some crashes!!
In addition the story, although Jane Jensen's wonderful storytelling abilities and the marvelous voice acting, was too unrealistic for my liking and did not hold together - and the ending was too over the top for me!

In addition to the abovementioned technical faults… MHO, one or the other – either a thorough fantasia whose basis nobody ever takes seriously, or a reasonably realistic if exaggerated narrative. Gray Matter is a mixture of both all the way through and hence loses credibility.
Not everybody may agree with that opinion of mine, but although Jane's previous masterpieces were highly fictitious, yet they were largely if not completely rooted in reality. IMO, Gray Matter is neither here nor there!

Overall I was disappointed since I was hoping for a wonderful game, as per all Jane Jensen's previous masterpieces. I guess that the reasons for so many of my dislikes are due to the troubled and too lengthy history of the game and budgetary restrictions.

That's about it for me. I'm truly sorry since I revere Jane Jensen and otherwise I believe that Gray Matter could have been an all time block-buster and classic.
What a pity!