View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #362
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
Spoiler:
I understand what you mean, however, the ending didn't convince me. It was to abrupt. To little had been told about Angelas relation to Styles, and I just felt with such an abrupt ending, we could at least expect some deeper insight in how Styles were doing after finding out about Angela; would he keep on searching for Laura (did he still believe that she existed as a ghost, and as "marvio" suggested; would he become mad, and what would things develop? Or if, like it seems in the ending, at least to me, he accepted that Angela was playing with him, how would he react to it? It seems unlikely that anyone in Styles state (during the game) would react like he did when finding out Angela was behind all the tricks.
I mean, in the end, Sam is making breakfast, joking around and everything seems fine. But everything shouldn't be fine.

And what was that about Sam necklace? Okay, it looked exactly like Styles mothers necklace, but would that make her an imposter?
Yes the ending is a bit abrupt and that's why I understand that many people have a bit negative feelings about it. It just didn't ruin it for me at all even though it most likely could have been done better.

Spoiler:
I think Styles was hanging on to Laura because of the tragic accident and blaming himself for not rescuing her (the issues with the non existent scarring etc.) but when he found out it wasn't a tragic accident and I guess he couldn't have done a thing to save her (except for helping Angela but that would have required seeing in the future) I think he "started to heal". Also getting a friend (Sam), accomplishing something with his studies and moving to the outside world are all things that help him heal. He could have gone berserk to Angela I guess but I don't think it's too far fetched that he realized her to be a victim rather than the villain and he chose to put his pain aside and try to help her. But you are right that all this is not really explained well and can leave people wondering about Styles reaction (or lack of).

In the end not everything is fine but on the road there. I like how Styles and Sam have a friendship and a slight hint perhaps to a romance to come. It would have been inappropriate to pair them up right away. Overall their relationship is very entertaining. "That girl", all the hints to old romantic novels like Jane Eyre and such with a handsome but brutish lord of the mansion and the young girl arriving there mixing things up.

For the necklace I just suppose it was coincidence or if you choose to believe so, fate. Sam and Styles complete each other, need each other. Even if they never became romantically involved they both had issues and they helped each other resolve them (maybe at first not intentionally but that's what happened in the end anyway).