View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #360
Isak
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post

Spoiler:
Of course there isn't any real evidence about Laura because you can choose to dismiss her or you can choose to believe she was all the time behind the cellar message and the memory sequences etc. Or then something in between. That's the beauty of it. Some people thought it to be "obvious" that the message in basement was a warning from Laura about Angela. Then again it could have been Angela's plan to get Styles distrust Sam. Plenty of stuff that could go either way and it's just a matter of what the player chooses to believe. Some people might consider them plot holes but I like that there's some room for your own interpretation.

It was also told pretty clearly how Angela became obsessed with Styles. The beautiful glamour couple, a professor that lectured to her about psychic powers. With tragic past and Styles dismissing her as a prankster when she was seeking help and then accidentally killing Laura... Her father had the same power and his magic tricks weren't brilliant illusions at all. I don't recall connection with the father and Styles.

Spoiler:
I understand what you mean, however, the ending didn't convince me. It was to abrupt. To little had been told about Angelas relation to Styles, and I just felt with such an abrupt ending, we could at least expect some deeper insight in how Styles were doing after finding out about Angela; would he keep on searching for Laura (did he still believe that she existed as a ghost, and as "marvio" suggested; would he become mad, and what would things develop? Or if, like it seems in the ending, at least to me, he accepted that Angela was playing with him, how would he react to it? It seems unlikely that anyone in Styles state (during the game) would react like he did when finding out Angela was behind all the tricks.
I mean, in the end, Sam is making breakfast, joking around and everything seems fine. But everything shouldn't be fine.

And what was that about Sam necklace? Okay, it looked exactly like Styles mothers necklace, but would that make her an imposter?

By the way, does anyone know who voiced Styles? He sounds awfully a lot like Lewton from Discworld Noir!