Thread: Gemini Rue Demo
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #30
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
@Fien:i'm a guy that played the demo yesterday and immediately bought the game in limited edition.i do like 2D graphics more than 3D but as i said i've played too few of the 2D oldies and almost none of the LA and Sierra games that you mention.it doesn't matter.the game is just that good in terms of chemistry between it's ingredients.that's how i feel about this.
I like 2D more than 3D too. I like Gemini too. What bothers me, is that this retro-style trend is getting more and more popular at the expense of other types of adventures. Until a couple of years ago, lots of indie developers produced 1st-person adventures. Born of necessity. Now every self-respecting independent developer pays his respect to the classics and fans of 1st-person adventures have only the casuals to turn to. I want variety in my adventures. I want a bit of innovation.

Oh well. Maybe I have played too many games, maybe the perfect chemistry that used to be there for me is gone for good, maybe my adventuring days will be over soon.