View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
thegoldenanvil

Default The Golden Anvil

Plot:
The Golden Anvil is a hand drawn, computer painted adventure game. Occurring in the land of Pelagreen, it concerns the war erupting between the warlord Azaz, who has slowly established a foothold in the Stillveil, and is at war with the Empire of Pelagreen, the governing body of the peninsula. Surrounded on three sides by water and protected from the Barbarian Kingdoms in the north by the almost impassable Anuvil Mountains, the enchanted armies of Azaz are the first threats to arise to imperial power in a millennium.

The Order of the Runesmiths have begun the process of forging enchanted weaponry to counter the magical forces of the warlord, but only a blade of the purest power, forged on the Golden Anvil, can defeat Azaz. However, a new evil has begun to spread across Pelagreen, moving behind the lines of war that the empire has established with Azaz. This new threat is the Black Lich, and it seeks the Anvil and the Blade, as well as the death of all the Smithies.

The protagonist is Kit, who though aware of the war, lives in the sleepy hamlet of Ocenon and is the child of a fairly mild blacksmith. Soon he will be caught in the sights of the Black Lich, who is moving among the smiths of the land in search of his targets.

The Golden Anvil is an adventure game developed entirely by myself. The release plan is to do a limited freeware release and test the response. As of today, all music is ready to be used in game and in the next few days I will be posting a few tracks from the soundtrack. Penning and painting of the supporting cast will be completed this week, and then backgrounds will occupy the next two months. Though drawn, they have yet to be penned or painted. I present now some details, in sketch and pen form.

I also recently began a developers blog here:
http://thegoldenanvil.blogspot.com/