View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
orient

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
i have forgotten BS4 a little bit but wasn't Nico dead in the storyline of BS4?
Not that I can remember. You bump into her and she helps you with your mission. There's even an area in which Nico is the playable character.

To be honest, the plot in BS4 is largely forgettable, which is a shame as it had so much potential -- George down in the dumps, a new love interest, salami-loving gangsters, the Vatican...but the whole thing was an anticlimax, with one of the worst ending sequences I've ever witnessed in a video game.

BS3 was a more complete, satisfying game, with a relatively epic ending.

An interesting thing with the BS franchise is that unlike Syberia or The Longest Journey, the games don't really follow on from each other or connect to create an overarching narrative, despite having the same main character(s) and some recurring supporting characters. Each game is more of a separate crusade in the wacky life of George and Nico, which is great in the sense that these characters could literally go on forever provided their adventures are interesting enough. The downside is that it's easy to retread ground, like we've started to see in the series already with the different brands of Neo-Templars trying to bring fourth an ancient evil. See, once you've done the whole "saving the world from a secret cult" thing, where do you go next? You can't exactly make an adventure about George's day-to-day life. It's got to be something grand scale.

Argh, didn't mean to type so much. The ramblings of a madman.