View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
jhetfield21

Mr Lol for you open world ,as i see it, means as closer to the real world as possible with different characters and different behaviours and so on apart from the abundance of locations to avoid the 3 trial problem.it can be done but it really is a big project and i dread the thought of the minimum specifications it would need since the AI would be massive.

also if you want to talk about this level of openness then you need to refer to GTA.they are the first to take openness and freedom to that kind of level while having 3D graphics and give the illusion that you really are in that world.i think the work they've done from San Andreas to GTA 4 is awesome.

but hypothetically if it could be done without worrying about specs i would certainly consider it having network/update capabilities and download new adventures in the game.i.e. before loading the save file check the developers database for a new adventure which would be something like a DLC and it would be integrated in the world after loading.that way the developers don't need to make all the content before distribution which would be very costly in time and money and afterwards make more as DLC..........maybe it could be integrated using a system much like Kinesis uses to dynamically load nodes and stuff or at least in a similar way.what do you think?