View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #14
jhetfield21

i get what you are saying but it's too pricey and too much work.in order to put in that much freedom you need to make too many individuals rather than casual NPCs and up to 40 different NPCs with more interaction.basically a second life like game but with AI instead of humans controlling the NPCs.maybe not in that scale of population but in the end it's too much work in characters and the interactivity and dialogues with them.also if it was a little realistic they wouldn't be the same in terms of trust.so they would have to make too many different kind of behaviours and different standards in terms of trust meters.we already have a truckload of work which puts a stop to it.

other than that it's like a merging of many adventures in a common world.kind of like csi las vegas miami and new york where there are some episodes that they meet each other.maybe that would be easier in terms of budgeting if it was to be made by 2+ studios.

don't get me wrong though it'd be awesome if it was like the example you gave with the movie.you could be a "hero" like five times in a single game.but for one studio it's too much to handle and even a big company would be skeptical about this.

i think what you need is dungeons and dragons in a game but with a realistic setting.and also an mmo would really suit this.where certain people would have certain roles and you'd get to roam and do what ever you want with them.second life clone but with adventure as a goal.i'd also want to play this with pen and paper.multiple dms that also play the key characters that get you into certain a story/adventure and npcs and you get to choose which dm to listen to based on the possible story you get interested into.

PS:sorry if it's a little chaotic and not that structured with flow and the like but there are too many questions and thoughts for me to make a proper structure.