Thread: The Lost Crown
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
cbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrLOL View Post
I just started playing it yesterday after it was recommended in the "landscape"-thread, what a crap game!

or well I'll continue playing it for a while hopefully it gets better (the thread poster recommended arriving into the saxton city so I'll play to there before judging the game) but so far I guess my main question is why would anyone base a game on modern-day Britain?!? I mean Sherlock holmes era london sure, but surely modern Britain must be the most boring location on earth to base a story at :S I mean what's next? GTA: Aberdeen!?

You could set an interesting game in any country. All countries have history, mythology, beautiful landscapes, unique culture, flora and fauna.

You can't have given the game much of a chance if you haven't reached Saxton yet - it's right at the beginning!

And i'm a bit puzzled why you've picked out Aberdeen as the worst location in Britain... surely there's far less exotic places like say, Swindon or Bradford?

Oh, and 'Sherlock Holmes era London' is VICTORIAN London. Fairly well known.

This latest post of yours makes me wonder if you're old enough to actually be playing those games being talked about in your 'big ass titties' thread! You have a very youthful "been nowhere; seen nothing" lack of appreciation for your country.