View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
ZeframCochrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
I think that allowing to choose is fine
That's an excellent approach I think. I'm always puzzled by how few options adventure game developers let gamers fiddle with.

Three, two, one.. rant mode!

[rant]
What's with the recent fashion of separate "config.exe" configuration utilities? Why not include all the options in an in-game "Options" menu, like the good old times?

Also, I've been a bit bothered recently by the absence of AntiAliasing options in third-person AGs. I know Nvidia drivers allow you to "Exclude any application setting", but forcing AA often causes the appearance of artifacts. I recently observed this both in Gray Matter and Lost Horizon. The latter has no AA option in the in-game menu, and forcing AA even up to 16x through the Nvidia CP will still leave jaggies, especially on smaller, further away models.
I always find it somewhat disconscerting to have to play Lost Horizon with aliased models when on the same computer I comfortably play CoD: Black Ops with no aliasing visible!
[/rant]

Since Asylum features marvellous prerendered ambients, I imagine aliasing won't be an issue, so I guess this post was slightly off topic. but I had to vent. Thanks for the opportunity