View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #715
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Good job Step, tracking down all of the sites, just like a good adventure gamer!
Well, once I'd found the secret treasure map it was mostly easy. The tricky two to find were "Sea Front" (which is only visible at certain times of day) and "Hidden Back Street" (where the map location arrow is in slightly the wrong place)

For other local street art, see this pub frontage.

The local council originally wanted this painted over as an advertisement in a conservation area (they relented under public pressure). The latter is incorrect (there are buildings in the area subject to conservation orders but this isn't one of them). The former is a bit odd given that this is the actual frontage of the pub, which already had signs outside advertising it as a pub.

By contrast this is the same council that issued the following statement when a Banksy appeared in town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Leader of Council
I know that we have a zero tolerance policy on graffiti, and that is absolutely right. However, we have to be flexible so on this occasion I have agreed that Banksy can be an exception to our rule and can stay
Maybe my understanding of the term zero-tolerance is faulty. I thought that meant no flexibility and no exceptions. But someone paints their own front wall and watch out.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree