View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #7
rayvio

Fate Of Atlantis is one of my favourites for a few reasons, but one of the biggest is replayability. any game that gives you incentive to play through again and have things be different can, in my opinion, only be a good thing. I pay money for a game so the more time I get for my money, the better. as great as the first two Monkey Islands were (the third was good, but not as good. the fourth was not. haven't played Tales yet) for example, they didn't offer a whole lot of replayability. you could do a couple of things differently about leaving Monkey Island (go with Herman or your crew, kill the (sort of) friendly ghost or kill him) but nothing big, and since that was towards the end anyway it didn't take long to exhaust all possibilities

anyway back on track, the submarine sequence... yeah, that part sucked. but out of the entire game it's pretty much the only part that does. the balloon parts were a little annoying, but pretty easy once you get the hang of the controls, and the fighting is thankfully skippable with the sucker punch (the only fight where that doesn't work is intended to be avoided anyway)

I assume you took the Team path? if you haven't already, you may want to go back and do the Wits and Fists (don't be fooled, there's still some puzzles in the Fists path so it's worth doing even if you always use sucker punch or avoid fights). all provide different paths to Atlantis but once you reach the lost city they merge together again. so if you can't get past the submarine docking at Atlantis you can get to the city by a different path and not really miss anything
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus