View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #13
Figment
professional recluse

I loved this game! It didn't end up having the same level of character development and interaction as the Phoenix Wright games--I love the dynamics between just about everyone in PW and, save for a few exceptions (Missel & Sissel!), I didn't get the same feeling here.

That said, it was great fun. I particularly liked how the puzzles and gameplay were so uniquely suited to the DS. It's rare to find a game on any platform that is so thoughtful in its integration of mechanics & gameplay. I do wish it were a little harder--there were only a few puzzles that gave me pause--particularly since I think that the premise leaves a lot of room for trickier puzzles. Of course, that isn't a real complaint; puzzles are clearly not these developer's focus and it's unfair to complain about it.

Really, I think everyone who has a DS should play it. It's a real charmer--I wish there were games of this caliber for the system.
I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...