View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #99
lennon

-I think that the reason why most of us think that everyone was fanatic of Sam & Max is beacuse this page in particular gave Tell Tale always great reviews. Plus, we all want to support them; but I believe that actually the best games that they've done are Wallace and Grommit (that's for kids). BTTF seemed good to me beacuse I wasn't expecting much; but Tales of Monkey Island seem bad since I was expecting way more, and after some time I thought it was going to get better but it didn't. It's good, but mediocre. I think this company is giving some life to this genre, but it still owes too much. Clearly, I loved them more than I hate them.
Plus, after the first episode of S&M last season I just thought that my time was worth more than that and didn't get the others.

-About TLJ and GKIII, thing is that I like them both. GK had a very interesting plot and ending, and it used a lot of the 3D in an interesting way, with puzzles about following someone, and that kind of real-time stuff. I understand people finding that it was overated but I thought that it had shown an interesting direction for the genre (that has to evolve in some way to real-time 3D).
TLJ had very good puzzles and scenes in one of the most dry time for graphic adventures (were decent point and click was impossible to find). This game shown that 3d graphics and old adventures could be combained very good. About it beign cliché, well, let me just say that it was kind of the point of the game. Remember that in the plot the fantasy world (with most of men creations) was in trouble, and so the sci-fi world. They had to be cliché.

-I don't like this kind of game, I think someone called them "box-puzzle games". So, the Myst -and I guess for what you say the 7th guest- are in my hate list. I wouldn't hate them if they were better defined as a separate genre, but this kind of game have been mixed with the others, so if a game has a lot of this, I very much consider it as a dissapointment and hate it. I'm playing Overseers now and although I love the story, now that I'm close to the end, I've found that almost all the puzzles in the game were of this kind. I hate it, not beacuse I think that this games shouldn't be made or anything, but rather beacuse they should've told me in some way that this was going to be the case. They should label it in some way for the people that don't like this kind of thing.

Broken Sword 3 and 4 In my opinion were really crap; most of it were this puzzles of moving boxes or jumping through balconies, I just felt it boring; plus the stories were really stupid and in some parts were just a remake of GkIII.

Mixed emotions:
Syberia had also a lot of great things, and I understand the hype of some people. The phone-calls thing, and the art was very good; but those long-long -oh god, sooooo long walks, and those machin making devices. But this game has to me as much gold as it has crap.
Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper "Hey, go to the other part of town and give this to this guy". You did it, and that was it. What the f*ck! Everything I did liked about this game had nothing to do with graphic adventures, like the way in wich they made you re-live the murders and the deductive part. It was interesting in that way; but this game was just bad in most parts and the point-and-click adventure was really really low, it seemed to be made by a kid.

-I've never played TLJ2 or Runaway since for everything I hear they don't seem to be my kind of game. And I'm almost sure I would find them annoying as I did found Hollywood Monsters

-For what I do hate, for all the good reasons, there is JACK ORLANDO!; that's the only one I really hate (if you consider the Myst kind of a different genre, or a sub-genre) Boy, what a piece of crap!!!! Someone said before that most of the inventory litteraly was garbage, but they forgot to mention that you didn't even used non of it, but you grab it non of the least. That game was just annoying.
I hope that if there is ever one kind of priece for the worst adventure ever, this one will get it. Since it's really soooooooo bad that it's almost genius (....not!). The Ed Wood of Adventures.

Last edited by lennon; 01-26-2011 at 06:22 PM.