View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #93
adventor

I'm going to focus on games that I stopped playing, or the ones that were huge disappointments.

Strong Bad - I couldn't bring myself to play the last episode, I found there was just a huge lack of puzzles, and as fun as homestar runner can be in a few minute flash cartoons, I'm not sure if it's great for an adventure game.

Sam and Max Season 3 - It started out good. But with each new episode I slowly started to lose interest. My biggest complaint was the recycling of characters and past story lines. But what tipped the scale was Sybil pregnant with abe lincoln head's baby. I wasn't even that interested in the Syble / Abe relationship in the previous season so this just seemed to drag out an already lame sub-plot. In addition I can see Telltale bring in the abe lincoln head baby in a future episode with the babies from Moai. I'd personally prefer my Sam and Max seasons with a little less crossover from previous seasons.

BTTF Episode 1 - This game was okay. The knocking on the pipe in the soup kitchen cut scene didn't display for me so I was forced running around trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle, and I was extremely confused by the walkthrough. Thankfully I was able to reload the game and have the cutscene appear. Puzzles in this game were pretty much non-existant. And it's a shame that the "hardest" puzzle was trying to figure out why I can't bang on a pipe just because some damn cut scene refused to play.

And just so you don't think I'm hating on telltale (I actually own almost all their games, and look forward to the future games)....

Dreamfall - I really liked TLJ. But Dreamfall.... well my biggest issue was that there was pretty much zero plot resolution, and to top things off there was extremely long cutscenes at the end. Cutscenes are great, but lets keep them to a reasonable length. I chose to play the game, not watch TV.

Those are my "hated" games, but I think what really makes a game "hated" for me is not that it was absolutely terrible, just that it had the potential to be great and had some let downs.