View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
Figment
professional recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
Next week, I think. #2 is the only title to come to the PS3 (#3 will be, #1 won't), and it does have an extended opening to counter the lack of ME1, but I think it's a series that has to be experienced from the very first footsteps to the very last - The PS3 just won't get that experience.
I didn't realize that (I played them both on the xbox). That's a shame! I agree that the story is best experienced in its whole--in fact, I really can't wrap my mind around how the 2nd could stand on its own, even with an extended opening; so much of the emotional impact of the 2nd game's recurring characters depend wholly on the 1st. Part of what makes the series so great is its epic feel! Poor marketing decision there, I'd say.

I do agree with the Dragon Age recommendation. It wasn't as astounding to me as ME but it was great fun, with a really detailed world and lots of opportunity for replay.

Our ps3 was the least-used console in the house, ranking last after PCs, xbox and DSes. It was so neglected that my boyfriend gave it back to his brother--there just weren't enough games available for the ps3 to justify us having it. I only ever used it once, for Heavy Rain, and while that's a good game I probably wouldn't have bought a machine to play it.
I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...