View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #20
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
Jack Keane also plays out on an island if I remember well...
Jack Keane definitely looks awesome! I sure like pirates, and it seems to be in style of So Blonde and Ankh series
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman View Post
Wasn't Barrow Hill an Autumnal game? That's my memory but I could be wrong!

Definately check out Return to Mysterious Island! And if you like that then there is also Destination: Treasure Island by the same developer (Kheops) - a game very much in the same mold gameplay wise.

Actually, this is a good idea for a thread: Games for all seasons.

I don't how you could not have realized that Myst was set on an island (!!!) but if you are interested in checking it out I suggest you begin with Myst IV: Revelation as it is both more modern and has the types of balmy, tropical locations you seem to be looking for. Of course, by the time you've played through everyone's reccomendations you will probably be sick to death of those kinds of locations

Oh and I know you said you weren't interested in really old games but Maupiti Island (http://www.adventuregamers.com/gameinfo.php?id=1312, http://www.mobygames.com/game/maupiti-island) is the ultimate beach adventure!
Well I never played any of the Myst games, I just heard they were amazing
( one of the best adventure games series ever! ), and yes I am planning on playing all of the Myst games one day.

Oh and I don't think Maupiti Island is really for me, looks like one of the games I played on my old big computer, with a massive hard drive that had only unit for floppy disk, when I was 7 years old or so, I can't really remember the name of that game but it also happened on an Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate me View Post
"Definately check out Return to Mysterious Island! And if you like that then there is also Destination: Treasure Island by the same developer (Kheops) - a game very much in the same mold gameplay wise. "

Agree, if you like first person games as well!
They're full of great landscapes!

As for

"Also would I have to play Broken Sword 1 first, I mean are the stories connected (like in Runaway) or individual"

It is like Runaway , because BS 2 takes place only after a few months where BS 1 plot left. It follows the same characters but in a new adventure .
But for me, I personally played BS 2 first (I said I'll give it a try!) and loved the game, so I brought after ALL the sequals starting with the first.
I think it doesn't matter what you start with, because if you enjoy the game you usually get the sequels as well.
I'm gonna look up for Return to Mysterious Island and Destination: Treasure Island, when I can, probably next summer ( after playing Broken Sword )

I played Runaway 2 first also, so I had no idea who was for example Joshua or any of the other Brian's friends. Then I played Runaway A road adventure, and by the time I finished it Runaway A twist of fate was out and I already forgot how The Runaway 2 ended, so I had little problems remembering it while playing Runaway 3.

So it would probably be better if I played Broken Sword 1 first, right?