View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
SweetDalilah
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate me View Post
Nice list! But there are a lot of titles I don't know...I should check them!
Anyway,
Island themed games...that reminds me of Destination: Treasure island, Longest Journey, Myst series and something I played a few months back , Jolly Rover (funny).

I know you said over 2000, but I just can't help myself :Broken sword 2 (ahh... Ketch's landing )

As for "playing the game depending on the season" I just can't!

Whenever I fell like playing something no mater the scenery and it's possible, I usually do.
I only have one exception:
I only like snow when it's on my monitor!
If it's winter , cold and snowy , I put sand, sea and palm trees wallpapers on my desktop, and don't play snowy games!!!
Destination: Treasure island looks great, Broken sword 2 looks fantastic even though it's from 97

This image stunned me
I didn't know that Longest Journey and Myst were happening on an island
Jolly Rover's ship somehow reminds me of the one in So blonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weare6 View Post
Maybe try Paradise or Sinking island. They have the general summer feel to them. I personally didn't like them... but each to there own.
Paradise looks a bit dim and dark not sunny http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...se/images.html

Sinking Island looks nice enough, and I do think both of these games are good and a bit misterious. I don't know why you wouldn't like them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial Type View Post
Tales of Monkey Island by Telltale has everything in it. Of course, the original series are ten times better, but they're ten times older.
Oh, and do Sherlock Holmes games count? They take place in Britain, and it's an island after all.
I am planning on playing all of the Monkey Island games. Well I have started playing Sherlock Holmes The Awakened a long time ago, but after I was looking for those smugglers, I had such a hedache that I could't get out of bed for 3 hours. I unistalled the game right away. I think it had something to do with camera angle and to much pinpointing in the dark.