View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #46
Venkman

Oldest would have to be most of the games from Lost Treasures of Infocom (I've beaten about 4 of the batch of 20+). I'm just going to use walkthroughs for most of them, might attempt a couple without one.

Graphical there is Quest for Glory 1 (on the collection I've owned for 12 years and hardly played) and Police Quest 2 (also have owned the collection for 12 years or so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
For me it is Woodruff and the Schnibble. I have barely started it and find it hard to make myself play it. I know I shouldn't waste my time on a game that I really don't want to play, but I've had this game since it first came out and I am determined to play it through. After some other games...
Haha, I own this as well. It seems too random to try to waste time with without a walkthrough, but maybe I will someday. I did try it with a walkthrough in like 1998, but eventually got tripped up somehow and never finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Tex Murphy: Overseer as well. I'm inside that... bunker? Under this desert-like-place? You have to watch a video where you see this guy, who'd been murdered, activate some kind of code when these alarms go off. You have to listen to the sounds that play so you can input the code as well.

I tried quite a few times but never got it. After that, I ended up leaving the game for a bit, which has now turned into 'quite a long time'.
I literally just played that part last night. I have a good brain for sound, so I was able to get that code right away after only watching the video once.