Adventure Forums - View Single Post - Gray Matter Reactions
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #316
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Gray Matter has its problems, sure, but this particular point couldn't be more clear, at least in my opinion.
Yeah, it could definitely be more clear. I immediately assumed what you're claiming to be "true" as well, but I had my doubts after the fact. Sam's response was a little too glib for either scenario, but as kuze mentioned, the bigger culprit is the art. There were just too many odd quirks and distortions in those hand-painted cutscenes all along for me to trust the artwork at that point. Some things looked completely different from one screen to the next, so you can't hinge an entire reveal on a heavily-stylized, off-angle still and think that's conclusive.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the ambiguity (however slight) was intentional. The whole game was about questioning reality and whether seeing is believing.

Either way, though, I don't see it as a particularly crucial point. It speaks to the depths of David's obsession, but so do many other things. Like... oh, everything he says and does.