View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #53
Red_Lizard2

Just finished it (clocked 11 hours with some cheating via a guide >.>) and liked it. It didn't blow me away or anything, but I thought it was fairly good once you get past the flaws.

There were a few times the voice acting got on my nerves, early one it was bugging me, but eventually got used to it and didn't notice it. Some characters were better then others, there was one point that the voice acting was horrifically bad though :/ (thankfully just a small bit).

The puzzles weren't bad, though I got stuck on a few (terrible at puzzles), most seemed solvable with tearing your hair out though. Downside was they often required backtracking, traveling, etc. Which was starting to get a bit annoying in a longish playthrough.

I also found it weird how at times the developers would make you have to trigger something to be able to get "x" item from "y" place, yet other times allow Richard to pick up items that you leave you wondering "why the hell would he think he needs this?" only to show up in a puzzle. Granted all triggers would of just lead to more backtracking then there already was.

Really hoping for a sequel, so much was left untied, and want to know what ends up happening. The ending did make some sense, and it was pretty decent. It just, for me, was at a point I didn't want it to end. It may just be due to the loose ends, but it just felt abrupt.