View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #36
terhardp

Paradise

I've tried this one after I've played Syberia (the series) and Sinking Island. I was craving for more of Sokal design, which is what I've probably liked the most in the mentioned games. However, I just could't get past the first chapter of Paradise. The story and the dialogs mostly turned me down, but it also doesn't have the atmosphere of his other titles (IMHO).

Dark Fall: The Journal

I've tried this game after I've played and was blown away by TLC. However, I was promptly turned down with the graphic and the resolution on my widescreen. But I've read too much ravings about this game and certainly will try to play it on my older laptop which has smaller screen.

Dark Fall: Lights Out

Overall, the game is quite appealing, but it lacks something. The story seems intriguing, but it's not presented too well in the actual game, the atmosphere is certainly there, though it's nowhere as good as in TLC and DFLS. The puzzles are not very inspiring, and the whole thing is maybe a bit too much surreal for my taste.

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

I've tried, I've played, I've just didn't like it. The main reason is probably a strong MI series influence that was clouding my judgement.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III