View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Dan_Dan_91_07

Default Just finished Full Throttle, opinion inside...

My view of the game:

Bad points

Very Short

Two sections of ridiculously frustrating action sequences that you can’t skip. I felt there was no logic involved in first section. Also I thought the controls were absolutely terrible in the second section which causes it to be quite time consuming, however the first is much more time consuming.

A few puzzles are made hard in a way that kind of made me feel cheated

Spoiler:
The oil tower - hiding in an unlabeled area, the cave where you get the ramp from - use ramp to perform action on some unlabeled objects (I was also surprised by this solution due to the fact I thought the lights would be bolted down or something, which is more logical, isn't it?) and Todd's trailer - unlabeled lift is useable if stepped on.

Pixel hunting in parts

Spoiler:
Kicking the brick wall to gain entrance to the factory, finding the location where you use the controls for the big magnet thing inside the junk yard and possibly the location of the safe, this may of been hard to see however due to being tired.

Good points

The dialogue is excellently voiced and scripted

Some great humour

Interesting though pretty basic story which results in a brilliant ending

Interesting characters but not much infomation is given on them

Some good puzzles

The puzzles are all logical

Other points

Something made the game feel quite simple and prevented me from becoming that immersed in it. This is because of something like the basic plot/the basic amount of information given on the characters/the negativeness I felt because of the action sequences, or a combination of these aspects.

The game is lined with a depressed tone. By this I mean, the main character's voice sounds like it is full of pain and some of the things him and other characters say, as well as plot elements, are pretty gloomy. I was not prepared for this very much and at first I did not like it, it grew on me very much though. I think the main character is very mysterious and has the potential to develop much, much more if a sequel was ever made, it seems like he's been through hell and back.

Rock-ish (for lack of a better name/s) music is the game's main genre of music but I don't like most rock-ish music and I didn't like the rock-ish music in it. However, I think it went well with it when I was listening but mostly I blanked it out of my mind. On the music topic actually, remember that song playing in Todd's trailer, Emmet's truck, and the ending credits. It's called Increased chances by Chitlins, Whiskey and Skirt. What a messed up song!

The population is greatly decreased,
And now the odds are grealy increased,
That I may someday get a chance to kiss your lips.
I thank the Lord each day for the apocalypse.

Folks are mostly disfigured or dead,
But sugar, I won't let it go to my head.
My Mamma's face has dripped down into the dirt,
But I'm still chasing Chitlins, Whiskey and Skirt

At least that's what I thought when I heard it.

Anyways, I agree with this site's score of 3.5/5.

Edit: I have decided to omit something I listed as a bad point, this was, "I was slightly annoyed by not being able to skip the cut scenes shown when backtracking to some locations". The reason for this is, I looked back on my experience playing the game and decided it was not annoying enough to be included.

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-20-2010 at 11:06 PM.