Thread: Paradise
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
kuze
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily.bart View Post
Thank you kuze. I'm not sure I care enough about the game to get past the sand dabs, but i'm pigheaded and now it's the principal to get it sorted.

BFG meant a Big Fish Games download release instead of the CD.
I think it might be a compatibility issue not with the game but maybe with Windows 7 and maybe because I have Visual C++ 2010 installed, but I couldn't get it sorted out without several errors when I ran your program.

I followed the prompts to check the 2 boxes under advanced options then clicked on apply advanced options but I can only select the Paradise/paks folder under the file tree not the specific script.pak file in that folder.

I get this error message
Could not open script.opk, try unchecking Autodetection, or maybe script.opk does not exist, check for backup in Paradise/paks/script.opk.bak

I unchecked autodetection, same result and no backup file.
Do I need to do something with the 2 other boxes labeled extract OPK file and create OPK file from folder?

I must admit I might have missed something obvious...
They probably changed the installer, so my patch can't find the Paradise folder, and the select folder does seem to have a bug - I'll see if I find the sources next week and fix it.

In the mean time, try unchecking autodetect, clicking "apply" and selecting the Paradise folder that contains the "paks" folder, not the "paks" folder itself.