View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #99
Fien
Senior *female* member

Sughly, you really need to look at the damned plaque or you'll walk around forever. It's a trigger for the next "event". I haven't played enough of the game to know if kuze is right, but I'm stuck in Oxford and I really hope I won't have to look at everything again to find one little thing I missed. Too boring for words. I'm currently replaying two other games and I'll get back to Gray Matter when I have finished them.

About the plaque near the door. I noticed the plaque in the intro looks different than the one in broad daylight. The same words, arranged differently. Strange... but not in a good or interesting way.

PS: I shouldn't have worried about the long loading times, there are none. At least not for me. In fact, they are so short that there's no time to read the messages on the in-between screen. I realize I already have a lot of nits to pick with GM and maybe that's not fair, but what on earth is the idea behind those idiotic messages? I don't want to read something about bonus points or turning subtitles on and off, because that's unimmersive as hell. And I don't want the game to produce the name of every object I look at. I can SEE it's a portrait, a chair, a table. If there's anything in the manual about turning this superfluous "service" off I haven't found it.

Last edited by Fien; 11-14-2010 at 05:37 PM.