View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #41
smashing
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

I can't help myself and pick AlternativA up earlier, thinking that it would capture the ambience of the nifty Stark-like world from TLJ. For that I was definitely not disappointed, for many aspects of the game, from the first impressions at least, lived up to be rather Stark-like.

The game started with you, Richard, an ex-employee of Endora who was informed of his unemployment by some androids, and was ripped of his employee pass. Then he was reminded that his train pass ran out of fund and he'd had to get home by walking. Not something our protagonist desired obviously, and thus our adventure begin with Richard dumped right into the first puzzle...

It's not the most gripping starting to an adventure game I must say, but it is sufficient enough to keep it from becoming boring. And the environment is just lovely; lovely in the dark morbid sense.

The models of the characters are awkward, and reminded me of really the similar type of models in TLJ. And the speech/dialogue are not really normalised, with some lines getting especially loud, or some lines timed wrongly. The dialogue could also get incoherent sometime. But still, these are really stuff to be expected and it had yet to kill my enjoyment after two hours. Will definitely go back for more.