View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
Dwagginz
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
Fallout 3, much better than Oblivion from a game-play perspective. It all comes down to which setting you prefer. I tend to prefer post-apocalyptic over high fantasy, but any setting can grow tiresome if it's overused. I hope enough time has passed since I put 80 hours into Fallout 3 - enough for me to enjoy New Vegas.
I agree completely. I don't mind the change of setting (Fallout 3 was, ashamedly, my first foray into the Fallout universe), but everything they did as an improvement in Fallout 3 was so much better. I wouldn't say no to playing Oblivion in the FO3 incarnation of the engine, though, as I think the improvements (Especially with movement, the way the camera works and the engine efficiency) would solve a lot of Oblivion's issues.

One of my only "real" problems with FO 3 is with VATS. It feels more like a "God mode" than anything, and there's no real reason not to use it. You take less damage in VATS mode, you (I think) gain accuracy and possibly deal more damage.

New Vegas should be arriving this week (Isn't released here until the 22nd, but I believe it's shipped already), and I have to say I'm looking forward to playing it. I hope I'm given it a little bit before my birthday, though, as I'm getting Fable 3 and Battle vs Chess (I hope, of course) too, and I'd like to spread things out a little.