View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Jaesun

Default Myst Generator question (Spoilers)

I am playing Myst for the first time and not using any Walkthroughs, as I don't like using them. Since I am unfamiliar with Myst's mechanics, I was just wondering something.

My initial play through, I had not discovered how to rotate the tower, so when reading the books, I mistook my current location with that of the one with the Lighthouse. It mentions that they needed to power up the generator to the lighthouse, so I decided to then mess around with the red buttons on the generator. After messing with them for a while (writing down each buttons value) I then suddenly realized with horror, that the dial on the right now no longer moved at all when starting the generators.

After a while I finally did find all of the clues (and the correct value for the generator). I tried everything I could think of to "re-set" the generator to no avail, and decided to give up and start over and follow all the clues in order before messing with anything. I am now able to enter the rocket ship finally. whew!

Anyways my question is this:

1. Was there a way to re-set the generator?

2. Or does Myst have game stopping/breaking mechanics like classic Sierra games where you can not ever complete your game, and must start over.

Could someone answer my question?

Thanks!