View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #964
Idrisguitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Huge open games in full 3D with multiple choices can be great but costs alot of money to develope (like many have already pointed out).

But that doesn't make simpler games any less good. They can in fact be better IMO. The main reason for this is simple. When there are alot of money at stake people won't take chances, instead they like to play it safe. This often results in a boring game. When there is less money involved the developers have a bigger chance of implementing their ideas without compromises.

I would also like to point out one more time that cutting edge technology in itself doesn't make a good game and is not something that every developer should aim for.
this.

2d point and click games are always my favourite, great art, story, music, atmsosohere, writing, and puzzles make a perfect game for me. theres no need for 3d tech and uncharted 2 style cutscenes.

i would say this is especially so for jane jensen, as she is such a great writer that trying something too complicated and making the game clunky and slightly odd looking (animation wise) is a dissapointment, however im sure the game will be great, im just making a point of the seemingly over-ambitious design choice.

i would have much rathered the 2d styling of GK1 with hi def art.

it's my opinion, but people looking for an oblivion/uncharted/gabriel knight from Ms(or mrs?) Jensen are in a pipe dream that will never approach reality.