View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #953
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Large version of this screenshot. This is exactly how the game looks while you play it. Imagine that the guy on the left is Gabe and the woman is Grace, the huge statue before them a seriously challenging puzzle that could easily take a good hour or two to solve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
My God. I wish I had a PS3!
This won't make you feel any better...

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves Cutscenes HD 720p Part 1

Note the quality of the voice acting, directing (camera angles), editing, motion capture (body language), and intricate facial expressions conveying emotions and psychology. Also note that actual gameplay graphics are practically indistinguishable from these non-playable cutscenes.

With a very high budget and resources from certain publishers, imagine Gabriel Knight 4 looking like this, in effect like the actual 2D screens in Gray Matter becoming real time 3D and interactive.

Yeah, we can all dream, can't we? Wonder if Jensen or any of her associates - or better yet, Sierra - is reading this thread.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-09-2010 at 06:56 PM.