View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #945
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
I agree. I'm not really afraid of the Xbox 360 gamers (because no one will buy it, i'm joking but really... it will sell close to nothing on Xbox) but the mainstrem reviewers. They will tear it apart (i dont blame them really, they are used to technical wonders like Mass Effect 2, Halo's and so on) simply because Gray Matter will be a very flawed game based around ancient mechanics that mainstream games don't use anymore.

The niche adventure reviewers are a lot more tolerant to that, but i expect the Xbox version to have a very low metacritic score, and that will generate bad publicity and even lower sales.
Yes, very true.

I'm surprised their focus wasn't the PC, DS and Wii. It's going to be a vain attempt for Jane and co. to try and reach out to the more 'hardcore' 360 gamers. No doubt there are quite a few 360/'hardcore' gamers out there who enjoy old skool adventures (like me ), but it'll only be a small percentage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Then MODERNIZE IT! Recreate the world of Gray Matter as a drop dead gorgeous real-time 3D experience where you can explore everything instead of hovering a character or a pointer over a flat graphic slideshow. Be able to walk INTO the world instead of on top of it looking desperately for that single pixel hotspot. Render inventory items as objects you can manipulate in space and zoom into for closeups and details. Take advantage of the 3D to engineer puzzles where positional 5.1 surround sound is a key element in the solution. Create dynamic atmospheric weather and day/night cycles, fully realized physics and motion capture, environmental puzzles and situations that surround the character.

Feature in-game cutscenes that allow us to actually interact with people, places, and things while the cutscene happens in real time, like this: Uncharted 2 cutscene 1

...or this: Heavy Rain: The Taxidermist (DLC)*SPOILER: heart racing suspenseful moments*
...or this: Bioshock: opening sequence

If only they could and had the budget...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour