View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #940
Roper Klacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Again, my only concern is how well the game is going to do - mainly on the Xbox 360. I'm starting to think it's a bad decision to port the game on that console. 360 gamers who have never heard of Jane Jensen, Gabriel Knight or Gray Matter are most likely going to be put off this because of the style of the cutscenes and gameplay.
I agree. I'm not really afraid of the Xbox 360 gamers (because no one will buy it, i'm joking but really... it will sell close to nothing on Xbox) but the mainstrem reviewers. They will tear it apart (i dont blame them really, they are used to technical wonders like Mass Effect 2, Halo's and so on) simply because Gray Matter will be a very flawed game based around ancient mechanics that mainstream games don't use anymore.

The niche adventure reviewers are a lot more tolerant to that, but i expect the Xbox version to have a very low metacritic score, and that will generate bad publicity and even lower sales.