Thread: Primordia
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
Pinback

Default Primordia

This has been in production for some time now, I thought it was about time to formally announce it.
After my first attempt at making a proper adventure game (Homunculi) failed miserably due to a lack of planning, I decided to get a team together and start again from scratch. The result is;

PRIMORDIA
A Point and Click Adventure

Ages have passed since legendary Man walked the planet. Now, in the desolate wastelands beyond the city of Metropol, an android named Horatio jealousy guards his freedom, independence and of course his only companion, a small floater robot. The duo's only means of survival are lost when a marauding foe steals his power source, forcing Horatio to leave the safety of his home and set out on a perilous journey into the wastes- and into his own mysterious past.

Horatio: You know, I always wanted to be able to fly. It just felt . . . right. That’s why I built you with a mag-lev unit.

Crispin: Not so that you could store tools on hard-to-reach ledges?

Horatio: Well, that too.

Primordia is a traditional Point and Click adventure, to be released sometime before 2011 as freeware.

Features include;

Immersive storyline
Beautifully scored
Lushly illustrated graphics
Fully voiced, engaging characters
Fluid animations
Intricate game world filled with curiosities

Production has been moving at quite a pace for the past few months. Working with writer Mark Yohalem (Writer for commercial titles such as Heroes of Newerth, Savage 2, Kohan II, and Axis & Allies, along with numerous other things.) and composer m0ds (Scored more games than one might think possible, Trilby's Notes, Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth, Murphy's Salvage just to name a few) continues to be totally awesome, it's been really great to bounce the creativity back and forth, these guys just keep amazing me with thier incredible work- I've really had to change gears graphics wise to try and make the visuals match coolness with everything else.
A stable of fantastic voice actors is icing on the cake, although this is the one aspect of Primordia that is still in the early stages of development, everything else- story, script, puzzles, music, graphics, programming is all at around the 50% - 60% completed mark, with an exhaustive design document and concept art ready to direct the remaining portion.

For more info, screenshots and some concept art check out our website

"First, in thy infancy, in a mad confusion, denouncing the shrine as a weapon once turned against thee. Later, thou returnedst, penitent, and I taught thee the mysteries of Humanism." - E.F.L