View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #1986
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
I've been playing The Saboteur a lot lately and I love it, it really got overlooked when it came out and it's probably Pandemic's best (and unfortunately last) game.
This game is gorgeous. Dripping with style and still fun to play. I'm sure it gets shelved under GTA clone too easily by many, when its got loads more going for it.

When I say this game is gorgeous I don't mean it looks damn pretty, I mean everything about it is gorgeous. The cars, the music, the effects, the camera (moveable dialogue camera that's worth a damn!), the gun play, the women (...and the gents). And the whole damn game is one giant, beautiful jungle gym. You can run and zip across nearly every roof, fluid and near effortless.

Mirror's edge without the motion sickness, GTA with old world charm, Hitman type mission freedom, and the world reacts visually to your every success in such a charming way.

Do yourself a favour and check this game out. More than just a video, more than just some screenshots. Saboteur brings it all together with an eye to loving detail.