View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #12
Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Its just an opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own.

I really enjoyed Fallout 3. It took some effort on my part to make a character that I could believably see following the main plot's motivation (find dad). As well as a couple of mods to address a lacking gameplay feature that suits the setting to a tea but was sorely missing. The building and managing of my own robot minions.

Once I had those bases covered I enjoyed nearly every minute of the game.

The game does try to railroad you into a powered armour wearing soldier towards the end, but my character managed to stick to her tinkering, tunnel snake jacket wearing, grease monkey guns thanks to her bots.

I haven't really been following New Vegas development, but I'm really hoping robotics got a look in as an area to adopt influences from the modding scene much as weapon modifications where.

Taking on the wasteland with an adjustable wrench and some know how is Fallout to me.

Agreed! But facts are facts. Opinions can't change them. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
that does remind me of one thing I really didn't like in Fallout 3 though. as is usual for me in games with moral choices, I played with two different characters, one good who wanted to find her father and help, and one evil who wanted to find him because he's pissed off about being abandoned
then you get to
Spoiler:
the point where you find your father and the only way to continue the main storyline is to help with his research,
which is completely out of character for the evil character
Yeah, I agree, but seriously where would you go with that. Does the player become evil and lose interest in the father's work and completely destroy the point of the game or we sort of force the player into a non-biased objective? It worked out in my opinion and general logic.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/