View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #50
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

$5? The Comic-Con Sale, Adventure Bundle, and now this. After the latest Sam & Max season I might have finally fully joined the Telltale bandwagon, but -- I have to say this -- I am this close to vowing to never again buy any of their games at the original price level.

Sure, I know that you are always paying more for the privilege of playing the game as one of the first, and later price reductions are par of the course, but the line (in terms of how much, how early and how often) must be drawn somewhere. The Devil's Playhouse was on sale twice before the season even finished! Meanwhile, the promised future perks for people who had preordered it materialised in the form of one 20% coupon (that I was never even mailed for some reason, but didn't care enough to complain too much as 20% is pretty laughable compared to discounts in open-for-all sales Telltale regularly has). This leaves me and other preorderers with a coupon code for a free episode, which, again, in light of regular attractive offers on full seasons, doesn't seem all that hot.