View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #1387
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
My first time through LotSB was an insanity adept. I didn't dominate nearly so much and at the time had forgotten to upgrade Liara at all. I also had no overload using squad mates (a must in LotSB). So there's me and Liara with ineffectual singularities and not much else versus streams of enemies who keep coming if you stay behind cover.

The second and third time through I used a Vanguard and a Sentinel and I rush rush rushed. The waves of enemies you can fight if you stay behind cover in the first set piece battle (trading floor) didn't occur. You're so busy moving from target to target that getting flanked isn't an issue.
I took Kasumi with me since I never got to use her in the rest of the game. She was quite good since she usually stay in cover, except when going into sneak mode. That means she do not go down much. Liara didn't go down much either, but I have to say that she was kinda ineffective. I did take her crowd control abilities though, and they did save me a few times. I usually play jack-of-all-trades utility characters, or buffers/debuffers/crowd control, so sentinel fit my playstyle. It was difficult to play Sentinel early on insanity, but after the shields are researched to near max I do not go down much anymore. I have a save right before the IFF mission so I got all he upgrades. The fight were you have to fend off five waves in a row took a few retries and the parking lot with incoming carriers took me once as well. I went down once in the first boss fight but not in the second.

I enjoyed the DLC through and through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Good to know I picked the right DLC to try first, I don't mind so much holding off on Witch's Hunt for now and I really hope the Dragon Age team get a kicking for such low par DLC stuff.
Definitely. Witch Hunt ruined Biowares reputation in my book. I will probably read reviews before downloading another DLC without hesitation. IGN gave LotSB 95% and Witch Hunt 65%. I think 65% was too high. It made Operation Anchorhage in Fallout 3 to feel like premium content.