View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #70
Armand1880

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas8977 View Post
I am surprised no one has mentioned either 7th Guest or 11th Hour. not only was the whole game spooky. With the hard puzzles that twist your mind and the creepy music, all together it was one scary game(s).
I first played the 7th Guest with my dad when I was 8. I've played it every few years since then (I'm now 25), and each time I play it there is always a strange nervousness that comes over me. I turn out the lights and crank the speakers. Still gives me the shivers wandering through that old mansion. Not so much the fright, but the crazy awesome atmosphere. The graphics, in my opinion, hold up surprisingly well today. I'd like to see an HD remake.

I think the 11th Hour lost something in the translation - it had a nice feeling to it, but doesn't have the same effect as it's predecessor. I was about 12 by the time I played the 11th Hour. I'm glad I got the Win 98 version of 7th Guest so I can still play that. I wish I could get the 11th Hour to work again. If only I could figure out how to work DosBox