View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #1385
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
this time around enemies definitely flank more, coming at you from different directions including from above. Sitting pretty behind a single bit of cover for an entire fight is no longer an option.
I finished the DLC on insanity with my sentinel and I didn't have any real issues. There was only one fight I had to retry a few times before I got through it but besides that I didn't feel the enemies was any smarter. That said, I actually didn't use cover that much. Playing sentinel means that I often strafe out from behind a wall to hurl a warp/throw/overload before I go back.

Quote:
Grunt level enemies all have the annoying flash bangs introduced in Kasumi's mission that also knock you out of cover and they use them all the time.
Agreed.

Quote:
Overlord surprised you?
Yes, it did. Most of the DLC's I played have been rehashed content rather than adding new stuff. I didn't expect Overlord to be the best DLC I have played.

Spoiler:
First, all areas were new and unique, some of them rather creepy.

The Firewalker sequences, including "frogger" gameplay wasn't something I had expected either. It was nicely integrated into the module and better executed than the Firewalker expansion itself.

The Virtual Reality mode also felt refreshingly new, something I hadn't expected.

The greatest surprise was the story though, which was better than most of the quests in the original campaign. The revelation actually brought a tear to my eye. I am a bit biased for personal reasons though.

Quote:
They're both great DLC, and certainly put most of Dragon Age's DLCs to shame (I will try Witch's Hunt next week).
I tried to be spoiler free in my review above.

I have played every DLC to ME2, Dragon Age (Except Darkspawn Chronicles) and Fallout 3. Witch Hunt is the weakest DLC I played up to date.

Quote:
I found Shadow Broker to have enough fresh gameplay elements (including Liara as temporary squad mate) to place it ahead of Overlord.

It even has a movie trailer for Blasto the Hanar spectre!

This time around they had Steve Blum again so I may run through to see if just maybe, Grunt is the exception to the silent squad mates.
I enjoyed LotSB quite a lot, even if I felt more moved by Overlord.