View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #3912
Sughly

It's interesting to see what everyone thinks of Inception in here

I think the one thing most people I've come across overlooked (including myself until I thought it through a little more) is how much subtext there is in the first half. I used to tell people that the first half was just exposition and the movie only began in the second half, but after long consideration I began to realise just how important so many of the signs really are...

Spoiler:
to me, there are so many things which portray Leo's world as a dream - his wife's dream, that he never woke up from. His father telling him to come back to reality, the way things seem to occur somewhat randomly, the way people are even talking (yes, the exposition) are all elements of this reality. I particularly like the moment when he becomes jammed in between the walls, a very surreal moment that when you think about it doesn't really make sense in reality, but as a dream represents the pressures he has and the world closing in on him. Then of course out of nowhere he gets saved. Even the fact that the dream within a dream the go to is without their children, something they would have created for the dream world he's in the majority of the film. Why go to a dream world without their children to be happy unless they were never really their children to begin with?

Those are my considerations at least...

EDIT: Predators was absolutely terrible! A lame attempt to better great and iconic moments from the original...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance