View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

By Ganesha, THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I love all your gifts to me, they are more than I deserve.

I had a very low key birthday on Saturday. A chunk of the day was spent with Mom in her hospital room. She had been sick these past few weeks and this is the second time she was hospitalized in a month. She began bleeding out her backside and when I had to clean the bathroom for the third time and she grew quite weak was when my brother took her to the emergency room. She ended up needing several transfusions of new blood and was admitted for several days. When she stopped bleeding she was discharged and came home, but a few days later she had to go back.

After giving her a colonoscopy twice and observing her, Doctor diagnosed her with diverticulosis, a bad condition that affects many old people and could be very dangerous if left untreated. In Mom's case it was in part due to some of ther medicines, and in part to not having enough fiber in her diet.

I went to see her every day that she was in hospital.

She's home now. My brother took us out to dinner earlier today in honour of my birthday. Unfortunately Mom became faint at the table and was bending over her food and complained of how cold she was so we had to get our food to take away and we brought her home straight away. She's resting now.

Personally I'm not making a big deal out of my birthday weekend. My concern is with my mom.

I did get to finally see Salt yesterday after I left Mom for the evening. Awesome action movie, and I love "Pillowlips" Jolie.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien