View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:26 AM   #46
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
The 'delusions being part of the story' thought made me think of something. If we assume that our main character may not be delusional, why are we so certain the others are? I mean, granted, they sound a lot more delusional and all like the main character, but if indeed our main character is sane, and he, in all is sanity is seeing the things he does in this first chapter, including a talking angel... If he, in his sanity, sees that, and relays it to others, would they not consider him delusional as well?
Or alternatively, could it be that the other inmates had been there so long that they started to sound delusional, yet that there is still truth in what they are saying, even though it may have come to sound like delusional gibberish over the (possibly) years they have been captured in the tower?
That's a very good summing-up of the situation as we're seeing it at the end of the first chapter.
Quote:
Has he been there for some time? I must have missed out on that bit then...either way, even if he has been there for some time (let's assume that, what with Step's remark on the colour of his trouwers before the crash, he has actually been an inmate for some time), the crash could have easily caused the amnesia he is experiencing now, which sort of makes it logical that his mind is blank.
The video you see in the control room implies he's been here for some time before (the doctor talks as if he's escaped a number of times in the past but has really injured himself this time) The crash then led to the loss of memory that makes the whole place seem new to him.

Quote:
And why was he so stupid to drive so extremely fast that made him get in the crash, knowing he had such important info to share? Was he so eager to tell it? Was he followed? Was he pushed of the road? Did someone of the unknown bad guys somehow take over the wheel, and most importantly, the gas pedal?
My computer has gone up the creek so I can't check myself but I'm pretty sure that, while he undoubtedly was going too fast, there were other factors at work in the crash. Nothing concrete at the moment though.
Quote:
Something else I've been wondering...in the intro someone of the (I think) staff asks "what to do with that one", to which someone else replies to "leave him, that's the bastard that stole my car". So that would be the reason to specifically leave our main character for dead, but what about the other inmates? Had they done something against them as well, that they could easily be left behind, to die in the tower cells? Or was it normal to leave the inmates, and does our main character have a special status, belonging to a group who usually would be saved, unless of course when they do something bad like stealing a car?
I get the impression that the orderly we hear in the opening isn't the most caring of individuals. Whilst he leaves the main character for a specific reason (the bastard stole his car) he sounds like the type that would leave the others because he's more interested in saving his own neck than the inmates. (maybe they required persuading to move and he couldn't be bothered)

My computer has gone belly-up so, while I hope to get it fixed shortly I'm not going to be able to take as active a role as I'd hoped. However, having replayed very recently I should still be able to do some discussion from recent memory so we'll see how it goes.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree