View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #30
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
On the whole, i'm reserving judgment on the voicework at the moment, although I simply can't agree with you on the stutter. I have a couple of friends/relatives with stutters/stammers and I really can't reconcile the stuttering character's voice acting in this game with the reality as I have seen it. (Or maybe that should be heard it ). That may just be me though.
That's interesting because I have a friend who stutters and I thought it did sound like them. Would it be wrong to ask our stuttering friends to read the game dialogue so we can compare properly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I think you covered them all. I didn't notice any other 'foreshadowings'.

I really like that word btw.
The English language is full of wonderful words. The definition for this one is "A technique that involves clues that a writer gives his/her readers about what will happen later on in a novel or in a short story"
Quote:
Originally Posted by harald View Post
I see your point. But he reacts naturally to the guy falling down the chasm, expressing shock and concern. And this is just seconds later. They should have made it consistent.
That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that. As I said earlier, it will be interesting to see if those who didn't like the voicework in this scene maintain that view in later scenes. Was that one line an anomaly or will they spot other things like this that don't sit right?
Quote:
(Argh, I almost saw your spoilers when quoting your post!)
Sorry about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey Step. I actually saw more foreshadowings, because
Spoiler:
the guy who falls off the edge is talking about a tightrope, and other circus things.
Good catch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
The moving statue surprised me quite a bit, I somehow expected the game to not contain any "unreal" elements. I wonder: is it just the main character's delusion or is it really happening? And why is he suddenly at another location, did he simply forget what happened in between or did the statue actually move him? I'm tempted to think it actually happened, but again, I am surprised that (or would be surprised if) the game contains such supernatural elements. Something tells me that he doesn't really have any business being in a sanitarium (although it is strange that he can't remember anything, while he appears to have been there for some time). A nice conspiracy perhaps? There's not much to go on yet...
Those were exactly the sort of questions I asked myself first time out. Don't expect any definitive answers either way any time soon.
Quote:
I'm very curious about the rest of the story, although I can't say I like the interface much... I wonder how hard the puzzles will be; so far they were pretty straight-forward
If you (or indeed anyone else) has trouble with the puzzles then feel free to PM me or post in the hint forum. We probably want to avoid too much "how do I solve this" here (though feelings on solving puzzles and whether they were fair are definitely part of the picture)

Just a thought on the graphics question as a few people have mentioned it. This game was originally released in 1997, so you can't really compare to modern graphics. To put it into context, the original Diablo (which has a similar perspective if not content) came out in January of that year. Here's a screenshot for comparison. (ignore the fiery outline, which was added where i sourced the screenshot)

No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 09-03-2010 at 12:42 AM.