View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #51
toonstrucktwo

I wish to make a few things clear:

I am a fan of Toonstruck who has been in passive pursuit of a complete, thoroughly-tagged, losslessly encoded Toonstruck soundtrack for a number of years. About a year ago, a Last.fm member compiled something which achieved about 85% of what I was after, piquing my interest sufficient to go off in search of the rest. One of the destinations I would eventually include in that search was the Toonstruck2 Fan Project forum, knowing that they had long been in the business of archiving all kinds of media and production materials for the game and its never-seen second half. I eventually got around to finding Keith Arem's name in the game's credits where he was listed as being the game's music director, and upon finding his email I sent him a letter of support for his work in Toonstruck and a request for information on some of the still unknown music sequences, their catalog numbers no longer corresponding to the audio they did in 1996. Keith's reply has been quoted wherever mention of the petition exists, as well as within the petition itself. It included the original production spreadsheets detailing all of the music used in *both* halves of the game along with Mr. Arem's kind words and enthusiasm for the release of the previously unreleased material. A facebook page, twitter account, online petition and several posts in various forms would soon follow, absolutely no aspects of which are or were ever intended for the use of raising money for anyone or anything. They exist to serve as both a metric for gauging public interest and a loudspeaker to get the word out. A completed petition of 50,000 signatures, should it ever occur, would not guarantee a Toonstruck sequel, nor, I imagine, would it be a publisher's/distributor's only requirement in order to go ahead with the release of a game, but it would serve as a potent response to that call for tremendous support. Call it anecdotal evidence, a show of hands, a preliminary marketing survey, it really doesn't matter. What it is not is a prank, and contrary to Jackal's opinion, I feel it would make an excellent and newsworthy piece here at AdventureGamers, especially now that all of the developments thus far have now been confirmed by the original source. If clamor will in any way shape or form help contribute to the release of Toonstruck 2, an article here (or anywhere else for that matter) could serve as a valuable vehicle to achieving that end, however large or small the contribution may be.