View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #44
toonstrucktwo

As the creator of the original petition and the horn-sounder, if you will, of the call to rally behind the making of a sequel, I can attest to the authenticity of the initial correspondence which took place between myself and Mr. Arem, but the sincerity of Mr. Arem's intentions to make the release a reality pending an as-of-yet unquantified level of "fan support" (which we only know needs to be "tremendous," whatever that may entail) is indeed in question. Until there is some semblance of a public statement from Mr. Arem himself corroborating the statements made in that prior and solitary correspondence, that will remain the only assurance we have. This conversation, which was first publicized on the Toonstruck 2 fan project forum, was my own contribution to the site and has nothing specifically to do with that project other than it being my venue of choice for first breaking the news. This development is as new to them as it is to the web at large, and it has so far actually been met with more apprehension than excitement by their members. Any parties interesting in authoring articles on the topic of a Toonstruck 2 are welcome to contact me at [email protected], but would perhaps be better off contacting Keith himself as my role so far has only been one of a kind of town crier; reiterating a game producer's wishes as they were expressed to me in writing. At present, the ball appears to be squarely in his court.

EDIT: As a sidenote on the topic of donations, I have been thoroughly disappointed with both the absolute lack of support or staff of any kind at PetitionSpot as well as the existence of an option to donate which is at no point in the petition creation process displayed or explained to the petition author. I had no idea that there was any donation function inherent in the petition until discovering a comment made by a signatory and donor on a random forum who I then asked for details about his donation. I have left two voicemails at Daniel Blake's personal cell number (owner/foudner of HarknessLabs and subsidiary startups PetitionSpot, card.ly, tinychat and others) requesting an explanation to no avail. Where those donated funds go and why $250 is the target amount I have no idea, but I would generally discourage other petition signatories from giving any money on the petition page as I cannot ascertain where those funds are ending up or how they are being utilized.

Last edited by toonstrucktwo; 08-30-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: additional info