View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #42
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
There's a full list of rooms that were to be in Toonstruck 2. Only the real Keith Arem could have access to this material.
At the risk of seeming pedantic, if only Keith Arem could know that, how do you know that list isn't made up? "It must be Keith Arem because he's provided a list of rooms we've never heard of" isn't exactly a strong argument.

In case anyone now says, "but we've heard of some of these rooms through leaks on the internet", then that still doesn't prove that the list is made up (and undermines the "only Keith Arem would know" argument)

I also personally think that an online petition isn't going to persuade any publisher. It's usually pretty easy to create multiple votes on these things (more than one e-mail address will normally suffice) and clicking to sign a petition isn't a commitment to buy. Say a sequel was made with material made at the time of the original. Some people will read reviews and decide the sequel isn't faithful to the first. Some will find a way to get it without paying. Some will have had expectations that everything would be brought up to modern standards. Take all those out of the list and the numbers of potential buyers rapidly dwindles.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 08-30-2010 at 12:42 AM.