View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 03:59 AM   #56
Linque

Wow, the trailer looks fantastic! If the atmosphere through the whole game is as good as in that game, I'm going to love every second of it! Well done Deadalic!

However, while I think you're way too harsh on the animation quality, I do have some gripes about the animation. Most of it is really quite good and conveys the right atmosphere, but especially the environment animations could use more love. Here's the problems for me:

1) This is much, much more important than point number two. Judging by the trailer there is a big discrepancy between the speed of some environmental animations and the character animations. The flames at 0:38 seem to flicker way too fast compared to other events in the game, they should be slowed down considerably to not seem out of place. The volcano eruption at 0:42 could have a much more epic feel if slowed down a little bit (it seems quite unrealistic in the trailer). Perhaps the biggest offender are the waves at 0:43. They seem really weird moving that fast, like it's on fast forward. I'd also slow down the animation on the waterfall at 0:48. It really feels like the environment is on speed compared to the rest of the stuff in the trailer.

2) Animations where the whole body is visible, but only the hand(s) move(s) feel a bit lazy. Examples: the girl at 0:53 and the demonstrators at 1:19.