View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #813
Manly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin View Post
I wonder when the game's system requirements will come out. Do those tend to come out before the game itself comes out?
I was one of the beta testers, and can confirm that the system requirements really aren't steep at all. I think the minimum was 512 megs of RAM with a 1.5 ghrz processor and a 64MB graphics card running either Windows XP or Vista 32/64 bit (Windows 7 compatibility was a little problematic for a few people, at the time, but by now the developers would've ironed-out those issues.) Yes, any computer circa 2005 should run it fine.

Mine is only a measly 3.1 dual core Celeron processor with 2 gigs of RAM and a 512mb Nvidia 8500 video card. I could activate the highest graphics settings and special effects and the game ran very well (only slight frame rate drops in heavy traffic areas.) There were people in our group with weaker systems than mine, and they could still run the game fine at the highest settings.

You shouldn't have difficulty in my opinion, but if you want to be sure, I doubt that it will be too long until DTP officially announce the minimum/required system settings. Perhaps things have been upgraded since the beta version, it may need a computer with more grunt. I'd be curious to see the final requirements nonetheless.

BTW, with talk about lengthy load times a while back - they never were a problem for my computer. The longest session would probably average 5-8 seconds. Bare in mind, the longest loads were always the first couple. Consecutive loads being much faster, as the majority of assets would be stored in RAM. The fastest load would average 2-3 seconds, particularly a room\location traversed previously. Therefore every room is a separate load. Take this from a guy with a very average computer setup (see above), compared to probably most of you who should far exceed those specifications.

Last edited by Manly One; 08-24-2010 at 06:59 PM.