View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #14
z0mbi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Read the article on RPS as well. It would be really cool to have an updated version with video's that run in hi-res without the headache inducing black line interlacing. Not to mention being able to play the second part that was cut.
Hi there, I'm pretty sure the headache inducing interlacing lines are down to the settings you're using. It's been awhile since I fired up Toonstruck but I remember that once setup properly within dosbox, you'd need to flip the video setting in Toonstruck's options from low to high, but that you'd also need to do this every time you launch it. After that the scan lines are gone.

Now by setup properly, I'm pretty sure you need to use a particular trigger from within dosbox in the command to launch the game, I think it was "-b" but it's been ages since I tried.

It's funny because I remember playing with those scan lines 14 years ago , completely oblivious that there was a way to get rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
Do we know how far along the second half of the game was before it was cut? I'd love to finally get to play it but I'd also not want to get an inferior, stitched together product if there was still lots of work to do on it. It'd be disappointing to play through it and find that Christopher Lloyd didn't record half of the dialog or all of the FMV sequences weren't filmed or finished.
Anything and everything I've read prior to this great news, was that the beta was twice as long. I expect there's not much work needed.